India’s northern and northwestern regions continued to be hit hard on Sunday bitingly cold environment The lowest temperature in Fatehpur in Rajasthan’s Sikar district dropped to -4.7 degrees Celsius.
The cold wind reduces the minimum temperature to scope 3-5 degrees Celsius in many places north and Northwest India.Cold to severe cold snap in parts of Punjab, Rajasthan, Haryana, Delhi and western Madhya Pradesh, Met Office says
Update on cold wave in North and Northwest India:
1. Faridkot in Punjab shivered at -1 degrees Celsius. Amritsar’s lowest record is 1.6 degree Celsius. Ludhiana, Patiala, Pathankot, Bathinda and Gurdaspur experienced cold weather of 4.9, 4.2, 8, 1 and 3.7 degrees Celsius respectively.
2. According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), Chulu, located near the Thar Desert, recorded the lowest temperature of the season – 2.5 degrees Celsius.
3. The temperature at Safdarjung Observatory, Delhi’s main weather station, dropped to 4.7 degrees Celsius. A cold snap brought minimums down to 2.6C in Jafarpur, 3.8C in Lodi Road, 3C in Ayanagar and 3.2C in the capital city of Ridge.
4. The nighttime temperature in most parts of Kashmir is stable below freezing office Given the dry weather, minimum temperatures are expected to drop further in the coming days.Srinagar records low temperature of -0.6C on Saturday night – half degree down night forward. Pahalgam in Anantnag district recorded a minimum temperature of -10.9C, 5C lower than the previous night. It was the coldest place on record in Jammu and Kashmir.
5. The Bureau of Meteorology said that by January 17-18, the minimum temperature in many parts of northwestern and central India may further drop by about 2 degrees Celsius, Rajasthan, Punjab and Haryana and Delhi during this period.
(according to PTI input)